Background Accidents associated with magnets as foreign bodies pose a serious threat to the health of children and adolescents. Prompt management and removal of the magnet is important to avoid life-threatening complications. Objective Our aim was to highlight an unusual health hazard associated with magnets in children. Case Report We report on a unique case of an adolescent girl who presented with two magnet balls stuck to the frenulum of her upper lip, resulting in intense pain and discomfort. The magnets were removed painlessly by induced magnetism through metallic mosquito forceps. Conclusions As children experiment with toys and products containing detachable magnetic balls, more cases will likely present to emergency departments. Increased awareness and preventive measures should be undertaken to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with magnets.
- foreign body